Recertification for 2023 will be completed entirely online. Date listed is the deadline. You may complete your assignments at ANY TIME. Your account will be registered once all assignments are completed.
THE 2023 REGIONAL REFEREE RE-CERTIFICATION COURSE INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING:
- US Soccer NCSI Background Check ($30) – valid for two years and must be renewed annually on its anniversary date
- SafeSport Training (Free) – Required by federal law, must be renewed annually on its anniversary date
- Safe and Healthy Playing Environment – must be renewed annually on its anniversary date
- 2023 Recertifying Regional Referee Refresher
- 2022/23 Laws of the Game Update
- Recertifying Regional Quiz
- Assessments – upload 2 assessments, must be from 7/1/2021 to 6/30/2022
- Fitness test – being held 8/20/22
*** Badges for re-certifying referees will be mailed out by the NJ Office. Make sure your mailing address in your learning.ussoccer.com account is up to date and includes your PO Box or apartment # if applicable.***
If you have any questions or do not wish to recertify as a regional referee, please email Barry at firstname.lastname@example.org.
STEP 1: LOG INTO YOUR PROFILE AT US SOCCER REFEREE LEARNING CENTER (LC)
- Log in as an Official
- Email must be unique to each user.
STEP 2: REGISTER FOR 2023 REGIONAL RE-CERTIFICATION ($95)
- Choose Courses>Available Courses (at the top)
- Choose Regional Re-certifying Referee (on the left, under License Pathway)
- Click on Go to Course List (in red) to register and pay
STEP 3: COMPLETE ALL 6 ASSIGNMENTS POSTED IN YOUR ASSIGNMENTS TAB
I. 2023 Recertifying Regional Referee Refresher
II. 2022/23 Laws of the Game Update
II. Recertifying Regional Quiz
III. Introduction to Safe and Healthy Playing Environments
IV. Safe Sport Certification (if 18 or older) (Free)
- If you have already completed Safe Sport training, log in to your account, click on the Menu in the top left corner, Update Account, change tab to Profile, scroll down and ensure US Soccer is listed under Memberships. If not, just add it.
- Estimated time to complete is 2-2.5 hours.
V. Complete the US Soccer NCSI Background Check (if 18 or older) ($30)
- Valid for two years.
- Takes 7-10 days to clear. Your background check is now listed as an assignment. Your background check has to be cleared in order for your registration to be completed.
- We do not accept any other background checks.
VI. Upload into your LC account, a copy of 2 assessments
STEP 4: DOWNLOAD THE IFAB LAWS OF THE GAME (LOTG)
- The LOTG are also available as an app on both Android and iOS.
- It is not required to print the LOTG document.
- Link to the download can be found in your learning.ussoccer.com account under the Resources tab.