All referees should read this important COVID-19 Guidance for Referees as we return to play.
Important - the document contains general recommendations / guidance only. Federal, State, and Local regulations must always be followed.
New Jersey Referee Family -
The New Jersey State Referee Committee hopes that you and your family are remaining safe, healthy, and optimistic during this Coronavirus pandemic. We would like to share some GREAT NEWS with you!!
- We share your frustration about the lack of soccer and would like to return to the pitch as soon as possible. As many of you know, clubs may begin small-group training as of Monday (6/22), and the state of New Jersey has released preliminary guidelines for a return to youth and adult competitive soccer games beginning July 6th.
- Upon the return to play, there will be a huge demand for referees. In fact, we expect this demand may exceed the number of officials in our current referee pool. As a recruitment incentive, US Soccer and the NJ State Referee Committee have taken the following initiatives to help out our New Jersey referee family:
- New officials who completed the Grassroots Referee course after July 1, 2019, will be registered for 2021 in addition to 2020. The annual certification fee will be waived by US Soccer and NJ SRC, but referees will be responsible for background check fees if required.
- Any recertifying referees (all license levels) who were proactive and already registered for 2020 (and have been sitting in your house instead of officiating matches), will be registered for 2021 in addition to 2020. The annual certification fee will be waived by US Soccer and NJ SRC, but referees will be responsible for any background check fees as applicable.
- Returning Grassroots Referees who have not certified for 2020 will need to wait to start the 2021 recertification courses through the US Soccer Learning Center. Announcements will be made when the courses are available.
You will be able to begin officiating games upon completion of the registration processing and be registered to work through December 31, 2021.
- This license extension will apply to ALL licenses – Soccer, Futsal, Indoor, Assessor, Instructor, Assignor.
- 2020 badges may be worn through December 31st, and 2021 badges will not be required to be worn until January 1st. So, please be patient as we figure out the best method to distribute your new badges.
Thank you so much for all the games you work, your continuing involvement in the referee family, and your passion and dedication to the beautiful game.
Marc S. Block
Acting State Referee Administrator
As of today, the NJSRC has decided to postpone or cancel all scheduled IN-PERSON events through April 15.
This DOES include Field Clinics (for new Grassroots Referees), Fitness Runs (for upgrading...
Welcome to the NJS Referee Committee Website
For information on requirements for out-of-state referees or assignors to work in NJ:
All out-of-state OFFICIALS must fill out fill out one of these forms, as directed by their NJ assignor:
The New Jersey assignor will use this form to submit a batch of multiple officials to another state:
All out-of-state assignors must fill out this form and submit a copy to each NJ competition authority:
New Jersey State Referee Committee
109 White Oak Lane
Suite 72 H
Old Bridge, New Jersey 08857
Office hours M-F 9am-2pm