MORE classes will be posted when they become available
Welcome to the first step in becoming a soccer referee!
Effective July 1, 2019, US Soccer has introduced the name Grassroots Referee to replace the former “grades” of 7, 8, and 9. The US Soccer Digital Learning Center has also became the hub for all registration activities
You must be 13 or older to set up an account in the Learning Center.
Step 2: Register for our Grassroots Entry Level Course ($130)
- At this time, our classes are completed entirely online.
- The date listed on the course registration is the date of your Webinar. If you cannot make the full day for your webinar, please pick another date. We do not allow webinar sessions to be split up.
- Our Online Course consists of 2 parts – Online training thru the LC and a combined law/field webinar thru zoom. Your must complete the online training Assignments thru your LC account prior to attending a webinar. If you do not complete your online training Assignments prior to the webinar deadline, you will not be permitted to attend. DEADLINE to complete your online training is Midnight Thursday prior to your scheduled date.
- If you cannot attend your scheduled session, or do not complete your online training prior to your deadline and are not permitted to attend your session, you will be charged a rescheduling fee.
- Registration for an online course includes US Soccer licensing and liability insurance. This fee also includes a US Soccer Referee uniform and Starter Kit from Official Sports. Information on ordering will be emailed to you once you complete both the online and webinar requirements.
- We do NOT offer full refunds.
- Dates of classes:
- Saturday April 17th – FULL
- Saturday May 1st – FULL
- Saturday May 15th – FULL
- Saturday May 8th – FULL
- NO future classes are scheduled at this time. Next round of classes may not start until July/August. Please check back here in mid-June for our next class dates.
Step 3: Complete All 5 Assignments posted in your LC Assignments Tab Prior to attending your Webinar Session
Deadline for completion of the 5 online training Assignments is Midnight Thursday prior to your scheduled class date. Anyone who has not completed their training prior to the deadline will be removed from the class on Friday and subject to a rescheduling fee.
- 100% of the Online Grassroots Referee Course MUST be completed before attending the webinar session. Estimated time to complete is 4.5-6 hours. It is a good idea to take a screen shot or a photo with your phone of the final completion screen of your online training just in case of any issues.
- Introduction to Safe and Healthy Playing Environments must be completed prior to the webinar session
- GrassRoots Quiz must be completed prior to the webinar session
- Safe Sport Certification (if 18 or older) must be completed prior to the webinar session – Estimated time to complete is 2-2.5 hours
- Complete the US Soccer NCSI Background Check (if 18 or older) ($30) – Valid for two years. -Takes 7-10 days to clear. Your background check must be cleared before your registration will be processed. We do not accept any other background checks.
Step 4: Attend your Digital Classroom Session Webinar
- This session will last approximately 7 hours. Classes run on one full day, 9am-4pm. Registration on the day of your webinar runs 8:45am to 8:59am. Class starts promptly at 9am. If you are not logged in before 9am, late arrivers are NOT permitted. You must attend the entire webinar on the day you have registered for. You cannot split up your sessions. Your Zoom link will be posted in your class directions on Friday before your session and emails will be sent out at that time to all that are eligible to attend.
- Office hours are M-F 9am-2pm. Make sure you have asked all questions prior to your session. No one is available the day of the class to answer questions or assist you on how to join the Zoom session.
- The LOTG are also available as an app on both Android and iOS.
- You can either use the link provided above or find the link in your account under Resources.
- It is not required to print the LOTG document.
- Teri Connor on April 2, 2021 @ 08:12:29
- Teri Connor on March 26, 2021 @ 10:49:53
- Teri Connor on March 25, 2021 @ 08:48:52
- Teri Connor on March 24, 2021 @ 09:57:43
- Teri Connor on March 23, 2021 @ 10:30:57
- Teri Connor on March 8, 2021 @ 12:51:41
- Teri Connor on March 8, 2021 @ 12:46:41
- Teri Connor on March 8, 2021 @ 12:20:39
- Teri Connor on March 8, 2021 @ 12:13:34
- Teri Connor on March 8, 2021 @ 12:12:07
- Teri Connor on March 8, 2021 @ 12:09:31
- Teri Connor on March 8, 2021 @ 12:07:16
- Teri Connor on March 8, 2021 @ 11:59:58
- Teri Connor on February 19, 2021 @ 11:05:50
- Teri Connor on February 19, 2021 @ 11:02:59
- Teri Connor on February 19, 2021 @ 11:02:22
- Teri Connor on February 19, 2021 @ 11:01:03
This post was created by NJSRC Office on February 19, 2021.