Recertification for 2023 will be completed entirely online. Date listed is the deadline. You may complete your assignments at ANY TIME. Your account will be registered once all assignments are completed.
The 2023 Grassroots Referee Re-Certification Course includes the following:
- Grassroots Re-certification Refresher
- 2022/23 Laws of the Game (LOTG) Update
- Grassroots Quiz
- Safe and Healthy Playing Environment – must be renewed annually on its anniversary date
Also, If you are 18 years or older, you must complete:
- US Soccer NCSI Background Check ($30) – valid for two years
- SafeSport Training (Free) – Required by federal law, must be renewed annually on its anniversary date
*** Badges for re-certifying referees will be mailed out by the NJ Office. Make sure your mailing address in your learning.ussoccer.com account is up to date and includes your PO Box or apartment # if applicable.***
All questions, please send to the NJ Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) not US Soccer.
Step 1: Log into your profile at US Soccer Referee Learning Center (LC)
- Log in as a Referee at the bottom of the page
Step 2: Register for 2023 Grassroots Re-certification ($60)
- Choose Courses>Available Courses (at the top)
- Choose Grassroots Re-certifying Referee (on the left, under License Pathway), make sure Host is set to NJ
- Click on Go to Course List (in red) to register and pay
Step 3: Complete all 6 Assignments posted in your Assignments Tab
I. Grassroots Recertification Refresher
II. Grassroots Recertification Quiz
III. 2022/23 Laws of the Game (LOTG) Update
IV. Introduction to Safe and Healthy Playing Environments
V. Safe Sport Certification (if 18 or older) (Free)
- If you have already completed Safe Sport training, log in to your account, click on the Menu in the top left corner, Update Account, change tab to Profile, scroll down and ensure US Soccer is listed under Memberships. If not, just add it.
- Estimated time to complete is 2-2.5 hours.
- 7 days before you turn 18, US Soccer will send you an email to complete your Safe Sport Training. You have a 10 day grace period from the time you turn 18 to complete. If not completed within the time frame, US Soccer will suspend your account until completed.
VI. Complete the US Soccer NCSI Background Check (if 18 or older) ($30)
- Valid for two years.
- Takes 7-10 days to clear. Your background check is now listed as an assignment. Your background check has to be cleared in order for your registration to be completed.
- We do not accept any other background checks.
- 2 weeks prior to turning 18, US Soccer will send you an email to complete your Background check. You have a 45 day grace period from your birthday to complete. If not completed within the time frame, US Soccer will suspend your account until completed.
Step 4: Download the IFAB Laws of the Game (LOTG)
- The LOTG are also available as an app on both Android and iOS.
- It is not required to print the LOTG document.
- Link to the download can be found in your learning.ussoccer.com account under the Resources tab.